Please Join Us!
Experience four decades of Social Change
Join Holly Near, renowned folk musician and activist, on the journey of a lifetime. Hosted by Fundacion EPES, this transformational week in Santiago will immerse you in Chile’s vibrant culture and give you exclusive access to the inner workings of social change four decades in the making. Come meet the women whose spirits have been healed by music and empowered by your support.
For almost forty years, EPES has been building strong community organizations that have fought for health, dignity and justice.
Holly Near has been singing for a more equitable world for over fifty years. She is an insightful storyteller through her music and was recently featured in a PBS Special, American Masters- Holly Near: Singing for our Lives.
Holly and EPES have been friends for a decade beginning with EPES organizing Holly’s first visit to Chile in 2007. Their latest collaboration was a song-writing workshop held in 2016. Holly and Chilean women artists created the song Nunca Más Mujer which focused on violence against women. It was successfully recorded and released in Chile in 2017.
Tour Dates: November 15-20, 2020
5 days, 5 nights
Tour begins in Santiago, Chile with a dinner on Sunday, November 15, and concludes with breakfast on Friday. November 20.
There is an option to extend your trip for personal travel
Inspiring Moments and Reflection
Witness community-led development in action on a tour of EPES headquarters where you will meet the very people who are working to empower women and children in the community
Visit Villa Grimaldi, once a site of Chilean dictatorship’s principle center for detention, torture, and extermination
Learn from local health workers about EPES’s unique approach, which combines education, advocacy, and mobilization
Join us for an informal, round-robin-style concert with Chilean women singer songwriters
Enjoy a special live performance by Holly Near
Tour a local Santiago neighborhood to see a collection of amazing murals calling for the end of violence against women
Visit the historic center of Santiago where the military coup took place, where the President’s Palace was bombed and President Allende died. Chile was forever changed.
$3,750 per person
- Special performances by Holly Near and accompanist
- Local bi-lingual guides and expert-led enrichment program
- Accommodation in boutique hotel Matildas Hotel or similar
- All activities mentioned and entrance fees
- Gratuities for guides and drivers
- All private transportation with the group the whole time
- All meals mentioned in the program
- Transfer from Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport
- An extensive pre-departure packet/welcome kit, preparing trip participants to travel
- International airfare to and from Santiago, Chile
- Personal expenses such as souvenirs, snacks, and alcohol
- Extras in hotels (laundry, phone calls, room service, etc.)
- Travel Insurance (we recommend Wanderwell)
- Travel vaccines (Information regarding health and travel risks in Chile can be found at the Center for Disease Control website at http://www.cdc.gov/travel or at the World Health Organization website at http://www.who.int/en/).
Ready to Sign Up?
Your $500 deposit is due by August 1, 2020. The remaining trip balance will be due by October 1, 2020. Payments are processed by EPES’ North American partner Action for Health in the Americas. Click Reserve Now below!
The deposit is non-refundable unless the program is canceled, at which point the entire deposit is refundable.
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Strong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Space is Limited! Join us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel to Chile?
Your safety is our first priority. We are monitoring the situation on the ground daily with our guests in mind. Please note that in the event we have to cancel the trip due to security concerns, your $500 deposit is refundable. We also encourage you to purchase travel insurance to protect your other expenses.
Is the trip fee tax deductible?
A small portion of your trip fee does go to supporting the work of EPES, and may be claimed on a tax deduction. A tax receipt will be provided to you once final payment is made on your trip fee.
I want to stay longer and get out of the city. What do you recommend?
Many guests choose to extend their tour by adding on Easter Island or a trip down to Patagonia. We encourage you connect with a reputable tour agency to make these arrange and are happy to provide recommendations to operators we trust.